Buying or Selling IPv4 Addresses?

Watch this video to discover how ACCELR/8, a transformative trading platform developed by industry veterans Marc Lindsey and Janine Goodman, enables organizations to buy or sell IPv4 blocks as small as /20s.

Avenue4 LLCRead Message Promoted Post

Home / News I have a News Tip

Iran Launches Its First Private Cloud Data Center

"Iran has officially launched its first cloud data center in Tehran during a ceremony attended by the Minister of Communication and Information Technology," according to reports from local news sites. The three-year long construction of the datacenter is reported to have cost close to $13 million including a $5 million government funding (60% from Innovation and Development Fund and the other 40% issued by the Ministry of Communications and the Electronics Support Fund). The data center was constructed by Afranet, one of the largest IT services companies in the country. According to reports, this is a 2 megawatts data center built on a 15,000 square meter area including server rooms and IT infrastructure equipment with a capacity of 1000 cloud servers and 6 petabyte storage. "Previously Mahmoud Vaezi, Iran's Minister of Communication and Information Technology had stated that with the launch of local data centers, Iranians would benefit from faster, cheaper and higher quality services while maintaining their privacy and security on the internet."

Related topics: Cloud Computing, Data Center
SHARE THIS POST

If you are pressed for time ...

... this is for you. More and more professionals are choosing to publish critical posts on CircleID from all corners of the Internet industry. If you find it hard to keep up daily, consider subscribing to our weekly digest. We will provide you a convenient summary report once a week sent directly to your inbox. It's a quick and easy read.

I make a point of reading CircleID. There is no getting around the utility of knowing what thoughtful people are thinking and saying about our industry.

Vinton Cerf, Co-designer of the TCP/IP Protocols & the Architecture of the Internet

Share your comments

To post comments, please login or create an account.

Related

Topics

Mobile Internet

Sponsored byAfilias

Cybersecurity

Sponsored byVerisign

DNS Security

Sponsored byAfilias

IP Addressing

Sponsored byAvenue4 LLC

Promoted Post

Buying or Selling IPv4 Addresses?

Watch this video to discover how ACCELR/8, a transformative trading platform developed by industry veterans Marc Lindsey and Janine Goodman, enables organizations to buy or sell IPv4 blocks as small as /20s.